Sequence Card Game Rules
The Sequence game is a turn-based card-matching game played between 2 players. The game's objective is to be the first player to create two sequences of three cards in a row, horizontally, vertically, or diagonally.
The Objective of the Sequence Game
The objective of the sequence game is to create a turn-based card-matching experience where two players compete against each other to match cards in their hands with those on the game table. This will allow them to create a sequence of three cards that are adjacent to one another, in any direction, on the game table. The goal is to make two sequences of three cards straight in any direction. The player who successfully creates two sequences first wins the game.
When playing the game, it is important to follow these rules and conditions:
You will need a deck of 52 cards. Also, there will be one trump card placed in the center of the board, which can be used as any card. Additionally, there will be two jokers that can remove your opponent's card or can place a chip on any open slot in the table.
- To start the game, a card is drawn at random from the deck.
- Then each player is given five cards, one at a time until everyone has their full hand.
- Players are able to view their own set of cards, but they are unable to view their opponent's cards.
- On their turn, the player must place one card from their hand to match the card on the table. They can only do this one card at a time.
- In order to increase their chances of creating two sequences before anyone else, they need to place their card on the table.
- In order to complete their turn, they must place the card on the table before the time limit of Turn time (Tt) minutes expires.
- A hand in a deck of cards can consist of any suited card from Ace to 10, Queen, King, as well as the "One eye Joker" or "Two eye Joker."
- Due to random distribution, we have no control if a player gets both jokers.
- A valid sequence consists of three same-colour chips placed horizontally, vertically, or diagonally adjacent to each other. The chips can only be placed by matching the card in hand with the same card on the board on the player’s turn.
- Once a player places their chips to form a valid sequence, those chips cannot be removed using the 'Remover Joker'.
- The opponent is not allowed to use the chips of the player to create an overlapping sequence. For example, if Player 1 creates a sequence of A♤, 9♡, and K♧, the opponent cannot use any of those cards to form their sequence.
- The player cannot use their chips to create a second overlapping sequence. In other words, they cannot be overlapped once chips are placed.
- There are two types of jokers: 1-eyed joker and 2-eyed joker.
- 1-eyed joker or Remover joker: It can replace an opponent's card on the table but cannot remove cards in pre-set sequences.
- 2-eyed joker: You can place it on any available slot on the table.
- Players draw one card from the closed deck after placing a card on the table.
- If a player has no valid moves, they must draw a card from the closed deck.
- If the closed deck is empty, players must discard cards from their hands until the game ends.
Central Trump Card
- Both players can use the central trump card.
- Trump card can be used as any card, including completing or extending sequences. However, once a sequence is formed, the trump card cannot be used again.
- Chips placed on the table in a valid sequence also cannot be used again by either player.
Winning the Game
- The first player to create two sequences of three cards, each horizontally, vertically, or diagonally wins the game.
- If all the cards in the closed deck are drawn, and no player has achieved the winning condition, the game ends in a draw.
- Players can choose a rematch option where they both agree to start a new game with a full reset game board and deck. This creates a completely new game for the players.
- Please note that the platform fee will still apply for each re-match.
What is a Sequence?
In the card game Sequence, a sequence is a row of three chips, called a sequence, on the board by placing the chips on the board spaces corresponding to cards played from the player's hand.
To form rows, chips may be placed vertically, horizontally or diagonally. Each complete row of three is counted as a sequence. Sequence rules dictate no table talk or coaching between team members and a precise order in which hands must be played.
At Tripsy Games, your objective is to create two sequences of three chips/cards before your opponents do. To achieve this, you only need to match three cards from your hand to the card on the board in any direction, regardless of their suit. So, you can use any card you have in your hand to form a sequence of three chips. Rest assured that whether the cards are of the same or different suit is not a concern - your main focus should be on creating a sequence before your opponent does.
The first player or team with the required number of sequences wins the game.
- It can be of any suit. The cards in a sequence do not need to be of the same suit.
- Sequences can be in any direction. Sequences can be vertical, horizontal, or diagonal.
- Sequences must be complete.
- A sequence can be blocked by another player placing a chip on one of the spaces in the sequence.
How to Form a Sequence?
Rules for forming a sequence
- Placing three chips in a row on the game board forms a sequence.
- A player can have more than one sequence on the board.
- You must form a sequence in a straight line, horizontally, vertically, or diagonally.
Remember, forming valid sequences is the key to winning the Sequence game.
When you play Tripsy Games, you have the option of creating a correct sequence with any suit you choose. To do this, you must match the cards in your hand with those on your board that are adjacent to each other in a vertical, horizontal, or diagonal pattern. The objective is to place three chips in a row in any direction before your opponent manages to do the same. If you can achieve this feat twice before your opponent does so, you will be declared the winner. For more details, please read the Sequence game tips & tricks.
What Are Sequence Card Game Rules for Players?
The sequence is a turn-based card-matching game that 2 players can play. The objective of the game is to be the first player to create two sequences of three cards each, either horizontally, vertically, or diagonally. Here are the rules of the Sequence card game.
A standard deck of 52 cards, consisting of four suits (♤♡♧♢) and thirteen cards (Ace to 10, Queen, King) in each suit. Additionally, there are four Jokers (J♤ J♡ J♧ J♢) with special powers.
The deck includes four jokers (J♤J♡J♧J♢) with special powers.
52 chips are used in the game, with each player receiving 26 chips of a specific color.
The game table consists of a 7x7 board where players will place their cards and chips.
- 1. The game is played between two players. In the case of four players, they can play in teams of two.
- 2. Each player starts with a hand of five cards drawn randomly from the deck.
- 3. The table has 48 cards placed randomly on the 7x7 board.
- 4. The central card in the middle of the board is a trump card, which any player can use.
- 1. Players take turns, each with a time limit.
- 2. On their turn, a player must select one card from their hand and place it on the table, matching it with the corresponding card on the board.
- 3. The objective is to form two sequences of three cards each, horizontally, vertically, or diagonally.
- 4. Sequences can be formed by using regular cards or by utilising the special powers of the jokers.
- 1 Eyed Joker: It can replace an opponent's card from the board.
- 2-Eyed Jokers: It can be used as any card on the table except for the central trump card.
- 5. Once a player forms a valid sequence, they place their chips on the corresponding cards, and the opponent cannot remove them.
- 6. Players continue taking turns, placing cards and drawing new cards from the closed deck until someone forms two valid sequences.
- 7. If all the cards in the closed deck are drawn, and no player has achieved two sequences, the game ends in a draw.
Winning the Game
- The first player to create two sequences of three cards each wins the game. They are declared the winner, and the losing player is notified accordingly.
- In the case of a draw where neither player achieves the win condition, the game ends without a winner, and players receive their entry fee back.
Rematch and Leaving the Game
- At the game's end, players can initiate a rematch with the same opponent. The game board and deck are reset for a new game. However, the platform fee will still be deducted for each rematch.
- If a player wants to leave the game, they can choose the option, and the opponent is declared the winner.
- These are the basic rules for playing the Sequence card game. Follow the instructions and use strategic moves to create your sequences before your opponent does.
For more details please refer to How to play sequence game page.
Common Terms In The Game
1. Remover Joker or 1-Eyed Joker
A special card in the deck can eliminate an opponent's card from the board. It cannot remove a pre-set sequence placed by either player.
A total of 52 chips are created for the players. Each player receives 26 chips of one color. When a player matches a card on the table, the corresponding card slot is filled with the player's chip.
2. Closed Deck
At the start of the game, the closed deck contains the remaining cards that have not been distributed to the players. It consists of 52 cards, including regular cards, jokers, and trump jokers.
4. Central Trump Card
Both players can use the trump card in the centre of the board. However, once a sequence is formed on the table, the central trump card cannot be used again.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the objective of the Sequence game?
The goal of the Sequence game is to be the first player to place three of their chips in a row, either horizontally, vertically, or diagonally.
What are the rules for placing chips on the board in Sequence?/p>
In order to position a chip on the board, you must select a card from your hand that matches one of the cards already present on the board. Once you have played the card, you are then able to place your chip on the corresponding spot on the board.
What happens if a player moves incorrectly or violates a rule?
If a player makes an incorrect move or violates a rule, they must forfeit their turn.
Is there a specific sequence or pattern I need to create to win the game?
You need to create no specific sequence or pattern to win the game. You can win by getting three of your chips in a row in any direction.
Can I play Sequence online, or is it only a physical board game?
You can play Sequence online or as a physical board game. Many different websites and apps allow you to play Sequence online.p>
Are there any special rules or variations of Sequence that I should know about?
There are many different variations of Sequence. Some common variations include:
Trump card: It can represent any card in a sequence or set.
Pure Sequence: Players must form at least one pure sequence (a sequence that does not use any jokers) to win the game.